SENCo: Miss S Kilbey
Head teacher: Mrs L Doel
SEN Governor: Mr J Eveson
Class teacher: He/she is responsible for:
- Adapting and refining the curriculum to respond to strengths and needs of all pupils. Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivery of any additional support.
- Contributing to devising personalised learning plans to prioritise and focus on the next steps required for your child to improve learning.
Applying the school’s SEN Policy
Blenheim Primary School’s Special Educational Needs Policy will be reviewed annually in September. The SEN Policy and the School SEN Information Report can be viewed under the ‘Policies and Report’ tab.
If you have concerns about your child you should speak to their class teacher first. You may then be directed to the SENCo. She is responsible for:
- Coordinating provision for children with SEN and developing the school’s SEN policy
- Ensuring that parents and the child are:
- Involved in supporting their learning and access
- Kept informed about the range and level of support offered
- Included in reviews
- Consulted about planning successful movement (transition) to a new class or school
Liaising with a range of agencies outside of school who can offer advice and support to help pupils overcome any difficulties.
Providing specialist advice and facilitating training to ensure that all staff are skilled and confident about meeting a range of needs.
He/she is responsible for:
The day to day management of all aspects of the school, including the provision made for pupils with SEN/she is responsible for:
Supporting school to evaluate and develop quality and impact of provision for pupils with SEN across the school.
Blenheim has two Learning Mentors who provide support (SEN and Speech and Language) to assist in removing the barriers to pupils’ learning. This team, working under the direction of the SENCo supports Attendance, the development of pupils’ emotional wellbeing and social skills to enhance their independence, self-esteem and confidence.